Prep Time 15 Mins
Cook Time 40 Mins
Tomatoes add a zesty flavor to rice and red chillies only smoke up that zesty flavor. Try out this recipe of tomato rice with chicken.
Source: Chef Shireen Anwar In Masala Mornings On Masala.
- Boiled rice ½ kg
- Boneless chicken ½ kg
- Onion sliced 2
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- All spice 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Chili powder 2 tsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp heaped
- Tomato paste 4 tbsp
- Mint leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Green chilies 4
- Coriander leaves chopped ½ cup
- Heat oil in a wok and fry sliced onion till light golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, chili powder, all spice salt and cumin powder, fry well.
- Add thinly sliced chicken breast with ½ cup water, cover and cook till chicken is done.
- In an oven proof dish, spread half of boiled rice, top with chicken mixture.
- Then spread the remaining rice on top, garnish with green chillies, coriander and mint leaves, dot with butter.
- Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree C.