Prep Time 10 Mins
Cook Time 1 Hour
Add more protein and health in your biryani and try it with lentils. You can use your favorite lentils for this recipe. The sliced lemon adds an exceptional zesty flavor to biryani.
Source: Chef Zubaida Tariq In Handi On Masala Cooking TV .
- Lentils of choice 1 cup
- Rice 1 kg
- Chicken 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chili 8 sliced
- Onion 4
- Lemon 6 sliced thinly
- Mint 1 bunch chopped
- Yogurt 1 cup
- White vinegar 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom 4
- Black cumin 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns 6
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 cup
- Boil lentils in a pan and strain.
- Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, mint, green chili and salt in the chicken and cook until dry.
- Fry sliced onions in 1 cup oil.
- When onion are golden brown take them out to the oil and pour this oil on the chicken.
- Boil Rice in salted water and add cumin, black peppercorns, vinegar and cardamom while boiling rice.
- Grease a large pan.
- Now spread a layer of boiled rice in it first, followed by lentils and then chicken.
- Spread half of fried onion on top. Set another layer of chicken, lentils and rice on top.
- Now spread the left fried onion on top of rice, followed by lemon and clarified butter.
- Cover tightly and steam it for 10 minutes or until done on medium-low flame.
- Serve hot with raita.