Prep Time 15 Mins
Cook Time 35 Mins
Serves 4 – 6
Enjoy the charcoal broiled taste of BBQ in a aromatic spicy boneless chicken biryani. A biryani recipe that taste and appear completely innovative, yet completely classic.
Source: Chef Rida Aftab In Tarka On Masala Cooking TV
- Rice ½ kg
- Chicken boneless ½ kg
- Potato 2 (peeled, cut in medium size and fried)
- Onion 2
- Yogurt 375 gm
- Allspice 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 4 tbsp
- Green cardamom 4
- Star anise 4
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Screw pine essence 1 tsp
- Fresh mint ½ bunches
- Fresh coriander ½ bunch
- Green chilies 4
- Yellow food color ¼ tsp (mixed in 2 tbsp milk)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Oil ½ cup
- Coal 1
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the sliced onion till golden brown.
- Now add the the ginger garlic paste, chicken, allspice powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, green cardamom, star anise and cumin.
- Cook for ten minutes on medium heat.
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl and add chopped mint and coriander, whole green chiles, sliced tomatoes and fried potatoes, mix well.
- Spread this yogurt mixture on top of the chicken.
- Then add a layer of parboiled rice.
- Drizzle screw pine essence and food color on top.
- Cover and cook on very low heat for 15 minutes.
- Now place a inflamed piece of coal in a cup and place it on top of cooked biryani.
- Drizzle some oil on coal, cover tightly and leave it for 5 minutes.