Prep Time 15 Mins
Cook Time 30 Mins
Afghani pilaf is really popular all over the Asia and Middle East. Try out this low fat and simple recipe of Afghani pilaf. You can replace the chicken with lamb for a richer flavor.
Source: Chef Munawar Latif In Lively Weekends On Masala Tv
- Chicken 1 kg
- Rice 4 cups (soaked for half an hour)
- Oil ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste 3 tbsp
- Onion ½ kg
- Carrot 1
- Salt to taste
- Allspice 3 tbsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Chop onions and saute in hot oil till golden brown.
- Now add chicken, ginger garlic paste and salt, stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook on low flame till the chicken is tender.
- In a big pan boil sufficient water with some salt.
- When the water comes to a boil, add rice and cook till half done.
- Sieve and put aside.
- Now grind the allspice and roughly-slice the carrot.
- Fry the carrot in a little oil for 1 minute and keep aside.
- Arrange half the boiled rice in a large pan, top it with cooked chicken, sprinkle crushed allspice.
- Now add another layer of rice, sprinkle allspice, cover and put on low flame for 10 minutes.
- When the pilaf is ready garnish with fried carrots and serve.