Prep Time 15 Mins
Cook Time 40 – 50 Mins
Chettinad food is popular for its extra hot taste and the rich aroma of spices. Enjoy this extra hot recipe of spicy Chettinad mutton biryani with mix fruit raita.
Source: Chef Shireen Anwar In Masala Mornings On Masala
- Mutton ½ kg
- Rice ½ kg (boiled)
- Bay leaf 1
- Onions sliced 3
- Tomatoes chopped 4
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Oil ¾ cup
- All spice 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chili paste 1, 1/2 tbsp
- Whole all spice 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter 2 tbsp
- Food color (orange) 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in pan, add sliced onions, bay leaf and whole all spices.
- Fry till onion turn light golden.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and add mutton, and stir fry for 8 minutes.
- Then add yogurt, salt and all spice, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup water, again cover and cook till meat is tender.
- Boil rice with salt till done.
- Spread boiled rice on top of the meat mixture, drizzle clarified butter mixed with food color on top.
- Cover tightly and cook on very low flame for 15 minutes.
- Mix well and serve with mixed fruit raita.